Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Yeayeah, it's annoying when I keep switching between Xanga and blog but... now I feel like posting here. Maybe tomorrow will be different. =)

I forgot to bring my journal back to London, so now it's just living the lone wolf life in my room. I wrote my New Years' Resolutions in it so...

Yeah. For starters, I've got QT with God everyday. Definitely a good start/end to the day. Go to every class (or at least try to). Do or start the work the day it is assigned. Be a more patient person. Be myself - like it or not, I can't change just to satisfy one person 'cause in turn, I will just have screwed myself over.

Anyway I really should be doing my reading first before I do this but haha, already I've got my priorities mixed up.

Here's something to think about:
Going to university, you meet so many more people beyond your comfort zone - you've got your high school friends who essentially come from the same place that you have, your church friends who have basically got your back... you know them inside and out. Here, you meet everyone and you hardly know what to expect and what they're really thinking. But I guess that's how you set who your real friends are, who the real Christians are - truly passionate about your friendship and God. I guess that's why we gotta always look toward Jesus for an example of how to live. It gets a lot harder when we grow up, we get a lot lazier and a lot more self-centered. But here's a challenge to LOVE beyond limits and SERVE without borders.

"You can’t lead the people, if you don’t love the people. You can’t save the people, if you don’t serve the people."
- Cornel West, Professor at Princeton University. (The Way I See It #284)