Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Is "love" enough?

We always thought it was the immense love that bound them together, kept them together for so many years (relative to relationships nowadays). We considered them the hot couple, the meant-to-be couple ... like how we considered Hollywood couples back in the day ... America's sweethearts re: Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey ; Chad Michael Murray/Sophia Bush ; Reese Witherspoon/Ryan Phillipe.

They had broken up recently, after what we knew from the friend circle, a vacation to the tropics. A vacation usually brings two closer, wouldn't you think? I guess that's what one thought as well. The sudden request for a one month break was a surprise. Break requests are never a good sign. Patient as the person is, the break was allowed, space was given.

The one month is way overdue. And rumours say that one of the two has already found a potential replacement.

Although it is really none of my business, I am disappointed and I have to say the person should've had more tact and respect in consideration of all those years together. Is this out of spite? Is there a message he/she is trying to get across?

Again, it is none of my business but I was always a true believer in lasting relationships and I thought this one was one of them. As such, I started thinking of reasons why.

The only reason I could think of is maybe their love wasn't enough to bind them together. After three years you would think that they would've started planning their future together. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. But for argument's sake, I am going to hypothetically say that they didn't. They're both great people but with no careers under their belt. Maybe they have the intention to get somewhere but you know that actions speak louder than words.

The one that should be in control of the relationship wasn't. The one that should always be by the other's side decided that he/she deserved more.

So the question remains, is "love" enough? (sidenote: I put "love" in quotes because each person has their own defnition of love.) Will "love" empower the two so much to overcome any obstacles? Is it entirely wrong to give up on something like this for selfish desires? (ie. a more promising future of stability and wealth, possibly?)

I guess it wasn't enough in their case and I certainly hope that it is in ours.

http://www.evilbeetgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/rrava.jpg
Stay strong.