Saturday, July 14, 2007

China trip 2007 #1

Destinations: Shanghai, Wuxi, Suzhou, Wuzhen, Hangzhou

I basically summarized the trip as a Shanghai trip 'cause well, I've never heard of the other places beyond the name. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't necessarily enjoy every moment of it, but the culture of China just started growing on me. I started appreciating the history that I "learned" from each place I visited and I got a little more humbled as I visited the older, more primitive villages.

I really wish I wasn't so lazy to upload pictures so that I can post them as it is quite tedious. Maybe later and you'll see the beauty of it.

Shanghai's nightlife was pretty, however very overrated. I've seen nicer, personally.
Hangzhou was by far the most beautiful place I have ever seen besides Europe.
I definitely want to visit there again, any takers?

I met this really cute old couple that reminded me of my grandparents back in Toronto and I'm gonna call them up again later during my stay in HK for some brunch!!! (yumcha)

Anyway, after all the food I've been eating for the past 10 days... I feel the aftermath. :(