Saturday, December 08, 2007

Like a Child

Okay, I promise...This is the last of my very many brain breaks I've taken today.

So roomie and I have been catching up after 48+ hours of absence.
Chick flick and "awwing" and singing to a new jam.
Bonding with our soph, Jugos (Naturales) - pronounced "huge-gose"
Depressing each other with the much needed love that we currently don't have with sappy lyrics...

Which brings me to my next point.

Why do we rush to grow up so much? We laugh at how naive and young people are, and yet that's the very flaw we continually never get rid of. We'll miss our innocent days sooner or later. Me? I always miss it. I miss being four years old and the only thing I had to worry about was whether or not I was going to see my mom after school, if she was picking me up early or late. I miss being twelve years old with all those petty crushes that send butterflies in my stomach and blush every time someone brought up his name. With that requited, it was certain that "liking" was so genuine, so innocent - no ulterior motives.

Nowadays, we go through this "seeing" or "dealing" phase, most of the time with no follow through. I'm also one to blame. People want to "try" everything out before they settle on what they "feel" is right. It's not that easy nor is it fun.

Anyway, rant over.
The following is what roomie and I have decided on what we miss feeling like, what we wish the significant other ever felt like, if ever confessed.

And it starts in my soul
And I lose all control
When you kiss my nose
The feeling shows
'cause you make me smile baby
Just take your time now
Holdin' me tight
wherever you go
I always know
'Cause you make me smile
Even just for a while
- an excerpt from Colbie Caillat's "Bubbly"
Amazing lyrics...