Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ever After

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you the best way they know how.

-Icon

Every girl has her envisioned fairy tale. Unfortunately, not all become reality.

Luckily enough, I am experiencing a taste of a fairy tale, my version. I can admit that I am a bit needy and I like to be flourished with love and affection whenever possible - he is not that type of man, however. He is more of the actions-speak-louder-than-words type.

I know he loves me, even though he does not say it as often as I thought he should. My ex - the ones thereafter do not count to me as they never really dug a hole deep inside my heart to claim their part... well he said it to me many times a day. Well that relationship was short-lived.

And then I start to see the irony of saying it. On one hand, saying those special three words so much kind of desensatizes you the effect of expressing it. But on the other hand, constant reminders in words is a sign of affection...

This current man in my life is one that has experienced much and is teaching me even more. The constant TLC he provides is more than I deserve. With that said, I am working my way towards wifey material.

Maybe that way I will start to get a taste of my happy ending.

The way we held each other's hand,
The way we talked, the way we laughed,
It felt so good to find true love
I knew right then and there you were the one.
- Brown Eyes