Friday, March 06, 2009

Slow to Anger

I'm rarely ever upset to the extent of anger but the title is just another to describe the difficulty of practicing patience.

Everyday I encounter things that annoy me such as empty words, constant excuses, inconsideration, etc. I could react, or I could take a breather and just turn the other cheek.

Usually reaction is a result of pride, it feels good momentarily.
And then there's the right thing to do, and it feels good for a longer time.

I guess I'll be a happier person that way.

There are days when I wish I was my high school self, and then there are other days that I am thankful that I matured. When you see me intoxicated, that would be how I was like sober in high school. I am a lot more contained nowadays for fear of others' opinions ... Sometimes it's sometimes fun to not care what people think and all you know is that being high on life cannot be replaced by another feeling. As such, you look like a happy-go-lucky-nothing-can-bring-you-down person. Oh, and I was so full of love; I was friends with everybody and couldn't see a single flaw in anybody.

It's like I have x-ray vision now and suddenly the little flaws are so evident and then you just become a little more guarded, the walls are suddenly under construction to be the highest and longest walls ever.

"Sometimes you put walls up to keep people up, but to see who cares enough to break them down."