Monday, July 13, 2009

Compassion

Jesus was the ultimate example and many others followed suit.

I grew up knowing compassion and wanting to show it to those who needed it, those who deserved it. I've slowly shyed away from doing so, for whatever reason I don't know. Maybe I need that extra push.

It makes me wonder sometimes why people as fortunate as us, don't show more of it? Why aren't we a little more merciful, a little more generous and a little more humbled? Of course, there are those who take advantage of those who are compassionate and then in turn deter us from ever being empathetic ever again.

We could give a lot more, be there a lot more, do a lot more, but we don't because 1. we're selfish and 2. we're scared of being taken advantage of ... so 3. we're just really selfish.

That's the world we live in today.