Saturday, April 23, 2011

50/50

I had a discussion with someone about friendships/relationships a few months back ... and I know it may be unhealthy to be technical about how much you put into a certain relationship (any, really ... romantic, family, friendship etc.), but yet as you grow older, it becomes more apparent if it's 50/50 or 70/30. Obviously, the best ones that work the most are the ones that go 50/50.

It's a bit of a tug and pull if you notice that you're putting in way more effort than the other, and this is beyond personal perception.

If someone is nice and respectful to me, I will most definitely do the same. If someone is a little less than that, no more than a hi ... then no more than a hi our relationship will be.

I feel like I don't have enough minutes in a day to invest in a relationship just because I wanna give people the benefit of the doubt that they are good people within.

As cynical this post may be, it's unfortunately a huge reality of life that we all have to cope with and eventually shrug off.