Saturday, July 28, 2007

China the second

Location: the mean streets of Luoyang, Henan, China.
Purpose: Love in Action

I can truly say that I've come back a changed person. I've let go of my old ways and thoughts and am pursuing an entirely different mindset. God is truly amazing and the power of prayer has demonstrated that.

Each day I've spent with a team that I only merely got to know within the past two weeks and kids from the orphanage that I have fallen in love with is making me never want to return to Toronto. I want to adopt all the kids that I have spent time with, showing that Love does exist, abandonment will not consume their lives, made me a different peson.

I want to adopt all the kids but I know I can't. It was definitely the most difficult thing to have to say goodbye to them and answer "I don't know" when they constantly ask "When are you going to come back to visit?" My heart broke because I wanted to spend every day with them so they wouldn't ever have to feel lost again, so that they would come to know Christ and find eternal comfort in Him.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

The strength that they have is beyond anything I can ever imagine. The ability to smile, have fun., joke around like normal kids... the tears that I cried for them and then their words that wiped away my tears.

Before I left for this trip, I asked God to open my eyes and my heart to what He has in store for me. I've gotten more than a glimpse of this vision and I am so encouraged. I know that after two years of working with kids, I didn't want to have anything to do with kids in the future... But after spending 5 days with these awesome children that God placed in my life for a reason, I can't help but continually pray for them each day, pretend that they are my very own siblings.

Empty promises can never be made. I promised to write to them and I will.

I was so moved by God this week I can't explain it all it was so surreal.

People got so sick this week including me, God's healing power was demonstrated. I don't understand why I never prayed everyday before this week.

I have lots more to say but time is limiting. So in short, I'm humbled, changed, determined for more.

God is good.